29th ANNUAL AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE WINNERS ANNOUNCED BY TECH & LEARNING MAGAZINE
Outstanding Education Technology Products Saluted
SAN BRUNO, CA (October 31, 2011) -- Tech & Learning magazine today named 100 education technology products as winners in its prestigious 29-year-old recognition program. Honored software, hardware, network, Web products include innovative applications that break new ground as well as those that added significant enhancements to proven education tools. A panel of more than 30 educators, who tested more than 160 entries, chose the winners.
“Tech & Learning’s readers aren’t looking for bells and whistles,” says Kevin Hogan, Editorial Director for NewBay Media’s Tech & Learning Group. “Our readers are looking for rigorous edtech products that improve teaching and learning, inspire teachers and students, as well as meet today’s assessment and standards requirements. This year’s Award of Excellence judges put over 160 products to the test, and chose only those that met these criteria. These companies can be proud that their products were selected as winners by this prestigious team of judges.”
Entries were divided into two categories: New Products and Best Upgraded Products. Winning selections include software and Web-based products, as well as hardware and AV tools. Among the high-quality offerings being honored are resources addressing management, safety, communication, differentiated learning, assessment, and other key areas in education.
Please join us in congratulating the New Product winners of the 2011 Tech & Learning Awards of Excellence. Look for detailed descriptions and judges’ comments in the December 2011 Awards Issue.
NEW PRODUCT WINNERS
- Attendance DiscoveryParentLink
- AVerComm H300 Video Conferencing SystemAVer Information, Inc.
- AVerVision F50 Document CameraAVer Information, Inc.
- Blackboard Mobile LearnBlackboard Inc.
- BrainPOP® Featured Movie AppBrainPOP
- Dell Streak 7Dell Inc.
- Discovery Education Science TechbookDiscovery Education
- Doceri Software SuiteSP Controls, Inc.
- Easi-Speak USB RecorderLearning Resources, Inc.
- eBeam EngageLuidia
- Economic Education Live! Online coursesFederal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Epson DC-11 Document CameraEpson
- Epson PowerLite 905Epson
- HP Pocket WhiteboardHewlett-Packard
- igotta by netTrekkernetTrekker
- Inspiron DuoDell Inc.
- JubaSix Red Marbles
- Lesson SearchEducation2020
- Lightspeed Systems SuiteLightspeed Systems
- Livesribe 8Gb Echo SmartpenLivescribe
- MimioClassroomTM SuiteDYMO/Mimio - A Newell Rubbermaid Company
- Mobi VieweInstruction
- Motorola AP 6511 Wall Plate Access PointMotorola Solutions, Inc.
- myOn ReaderCapstone Digital
- myWorld Geography Digital PathPearson
- myWorld History Digital PathPearson
- NewTek TriCaster 850NewTek
- NP-U310WNEC Display Solutions
- OASYS: The Observation and Appraisal Management System from My Learning Plan Inc.My Learning Plan Inc.
- Observation 360School Improvement Network
- Operation: Tectonic Fury (geology curriculum)The JASON Project
- Pearson Social Studies AppsPearson
- PLC-WL2503SANYO North America Corporation
- PRIME Science - Life Science: EcologyBenchmark Education Company
- PR-PRO4 Presentation Pro Remote ControlTripp Lite
- QtopiaQwizdom, Inc.
- QuickPackTM Classroom AV System Package (QP- 200)Crestron
- Rising Readers: Nursery Rhymes & Tales, Vol. 2Newmark Learning
- RM SlateRM Education
- RoomView ConnectedCrestron
- Samsung 650TS Touch Screen eBoardSamsung
- Samsung Galaxy Tab (WiFi Only)Samsung
- Samsung Netbook NP NC110Samsung
- Samsung SCX-5739FW PrinterSamsung
- Teacher CompassPearson
- TeacherViewAerohive Networks
- Teacher ReachParentLink
- TI-Nspire CX HandheldTexas Instruments
- VuSafeM86 Security
- WizTeachQwizdom UK Ltd.
- Adobe Acrobat XAdobe
- Adobe Connect 8Adobe
- Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master CollectionAdobe
- Arcademic Skill BuildersArcademic Skill Builders
- BrainPOP ESLBrainPOP
- CourseSites by BlackboardBlackboard Inc.
- Dell KACE K1000 Management ApplianceDell KACE
- Dell Latitude 2120Dell Inc.
- Discovery Education streaming PlusDiscovery Education
- e2020 Virtual Classroom SuiteEducation2020
- Edline LCMSEdline
- ePals LearningSpaceePals Inc.
- Epson BrightLink 455WiEpson
- HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite Business PCHewlett-Packard
- In2Books by ePalsePals Inc.
- LanSchool v7.5LanSchool
- LaunchPad 2011ClassLink
- Learning.com Sky digital learning environmentLearning.com
- Lexia Reading V7Lexia Learning
- M86 Secure Web GatewayM86 Security
- M86 Web Filtering and Reporting Suite v 4.1M86 Security
- Mathletics3P Learning
- MindPlay Reading Analysis & Prescription System (RAPS360)MindPlay
- My Big CampusLightspeed Systems
- NovaNETPearson Digital Learning
- PD 360School Improvement Network
- PebbleGoCapstone Digital
- Pinnacle Suite 8.0GlobalScholar
- Read&Write 10 GOLD for WindowsTexthelp Systems
- RM Easiteach Next GenerationRM Education
- SAS Curriculum PathwaysSAS
- School Loop PlusSchool Loop
- Seminars On Science - Climate Change courseAmerican Museum of Natural History
- StatCrunch, v5.0Pearson Education
- TechStepsEdvation (formerly SchoolKit)
- TI-Nspire CX Navigator SystemTexas Instruments
- Toon Boom StudioToon Boom Animation Inc.
- Vernier SpectroVis PlusVernier Software & Technology
- VizZleMonarch Teaching Technologies
- WayFind Teacher AssessmentLearning.com
About Tech & Learning For over 30 years, Tech & Learning has been — and continues to be — the leading resource for K-12 leaders. Its publications, Web sites and events provide factual and evaluative information on trends, products, and strategies to educators who purchase technology products in their districts and schools. Tech & Learning, published by NewBay Media LLC, delivers the highest quality content and essential resources to manage, train, and teach technology. For more information, visit www.TechLearning.com.
About NewBay Media LLC
NewBay Media's market leading brands are centered on five vertical markets -- Pro Audio, Broadcast and Video, Musical Instruments, Systems Integration and K-12 Education. NewBay publishes and produces more than 40 publications and show dailies, 50 websites, 30 daily and weekly E-Newsletters, three Expos and more than 50 custom publishing efforts, annually. NewBay reaches more than two million readers in print and one million online and in person -- around the world in more than 100 countries. Additional information on NewBay can be found by visiting www.nbmedia.com.
For more information contact: Jared Stearns 650-238-0313 email@example.com